Saturday, February 4, 2012

A Few Good Changes

Now that our TV room has moved, I'm excited to be working on the front room. It's becomming my parlor/library/reading/lounging room. Yay! Below are a few shots from that effort. Nothing is settled, I'm still moving things around and wanting a few more pieces and pictures to round out the room. All in good time. The first shot is one of those thingies used to hold old print letters; I bought it last summer while antique shopping during our ladies weekend away.
This is the cutest little table in the World. I'm serious, it's so damn adorable and I love the color. And it has that cool "distressed" look. I imagine I had to pay more for that...kinda like paying for ripped jeans I suppose.

I've had these chairs for a while, I think they look good with the aforementioned table. I've got a couple things to hang on the wall behind. To the left is the mantle.

I ordered some new bookcases from Ikea - they're tall, love it!! I took these shots with my iPhone so they are a wee bit fuzzy.

I inherited this Duncan Phyfe-style sofa from Amy. Her dad made a stand for it since the feet broke off; it needs to be stained, but I think it looks quite natural if you don't know it's not original. And I love this rug, picked up from Costco. It's awesome! Obviously the pets agree.

1 comment:

Mum said...

I LOVE the latest additions to your house..the whole effect is wonderful and cozy..no wonder the animals love it, I sure do....