Sunday, July 25, 2010

Ottoman Empire

The Ottoman Empire was a regime that lasted from 1299 to 1923. At the height of its power, in the sixteenth and seventeenth centuries, the empire spanned three continents, controlling much of Southeastern Europe, Western Asia and North Africa. And now, years later, we are reminded of this once medieval dominion in the form of an essential piece of home furniture. I found this cocktail ottoman at Costco yesterday and decided to buy it. First, though, I took this picture to email to Jon.

The moment we unpacked it and brought it into the living room, I wanted to return it because it's so large. Jon said he wasn't about to pack it back up, so we're keeping it. I'm actually getting used to it.

It has two large drawers, one on each side, and four little flat table thingies that pull out to place drinks on. These aren't the best photos (I took them using my cell phone).

No comments: