Saturday, February 28, 2009

Apathy

I am so ready for this school term to end. Unfortunately, this coming week is midterm exams, so I still have two more months to go. Yahoo. It's too bad, as I am taking two classes I really like - Shakespeare (very cool), and a British Literature class that focuses on the 16th-17th centuries (the other two classes aren't really worth mentioning). I think my overwhelming apathy about school is threefold:

  1. Work is really, really busy since our team is short three people from this time last year. Of course, we are still expected to do pretty much the same amount of work regardless (imagine that), and someone is always unhappy with something. Lovely.
  2. I am not motivated to write papers, and I've had four due all around the same time (one for each class). Hooray.
  3. And, you know what? It's my last year and I'm just plain worn out. Period.
Really, if I didn't have to write papers then I'd be ok. What's wrong with me? I usually enjoy this process. I have spent the better part of today fighting through some research for my last paper (British Lit). It's been just me, my laptop computer and Fatty, reading and chillin' on the couch. Take school out of the equation, and it'd be a pretty darn good day.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whew! glad you got THAT off your chest!............but keep at it, you're almost there!

coffeecup said...

Shakespeare AND 16th-17th century British Literature??? What's the difference??? You managed to sidestep my two favorite British authors (Swift and Thackeray, as you probably guessed).

And those two classes are the HIGHLIGHT of your curriculum??? My goodness, what degree are you pursuing?

My only advice: when writing a paper, outline it, set down the points you want to make in short, bullet style sentences, arrange them in the proper sequence, then flesh them out one by one. Start working the day you get the assignment. Don't cram at the last second like some junior high student.

I hope this lengthy missive doesn't take time away from your studies.

And don't worry ... there's plenty more cogent advise where this came from.

Ozzy Nelson said...

Hang in there. It will be over soon. And in a few years, you won't remember it.